Princess Margaret Hospital
Child & Adolescent Health Research Symposium
17-19 October 2017
proudly supported by the Perth Children's Hospital Foundation
Hard copies of the symposium booklet will be available at the venue.
The abstract submission deadline for the 2017 CAHS Research Symposium is 5pm Monday 11 September 2017. You will be notified of the final decision regarding your submission by Wednesday 20 September.
Please follow the instructions below and in the Abstract Submission Form when completing the application.
Abstract Submission Form (Word format)
Abstract Submission Instructions
To assist with scheduling you will be asked to nominate the theme to which your abstract most relates:
- Novel treatment strategies and emerging disease
- Effective workforce informing improved clinical outcomes
- Improving clinical outcomes in at-risk populations
- Improving clinical outcomes in chronic and infectious disease
- Consumer involvement
The following presentation options will be exhibited at the symposium:
- Oral presentation: The presentation will be 10 minutes, plus 5 minutes question time.
- Poster: a poster display on a free standing board. Posters should be a minimum size of A3 up to a maximum size of A0. Laminating is optional. Colour is desirable. Note: Only one poster from each primary author/presenter can be accommodated in the poster display area.
- Bus stop presentation: a short, 3 minute presentation overview of your research (no question time).
- Static poster display: if you have a poster that you've presented previously and would like it to be included in our research week as part of a static display around the hospital, please submit a PDF version for it to be included, no abstract required.
Requirements for abstract submission include:
- Abstracts should be thoroughly checked for spelling and grammar before submission.
- Abstracts are to be submitted in the form below. If you are copying and pasting it from a Word document, please remember to format it to the font size and format requirements.
- Calibri font style in 10 point is to be used.
- The abstract must have a title, in bold (maximum of 75 characters, which is approximately 10-12 words.)
- The author/s must be listed below the title, including affiliations, in the following format with the lead author in bold (i.e. Jones AB1,2, Smith AC3, Brown CD1).
- Up to 3 key words must be provided that will assist in searching for the abstract and grouping of topic themes.
- The abstract must not exceed 250 words (excluding title, author and key words).
- References are not required.
- The abstract text must contain the following subtitles and be formatted in Calibri 10pt bold:
- Background and aim
- Research method
The abstract text should be formatted with the following subtitles:
- Background and Aim
- Research Method
Thanks to our primary sponsor Perth Children's Hospital Foundation for making this event possible and Telethon Kids Institute for partnering PMH in hosting this event. We are also grateful to our academic partners, UWA and Telethon Kids Institute, and PMH for their support.