Princess Margaret Hospital
Endocrinology and Diabetes
The PMH Endocrinology and Diabetes Department provides inpatient and outpatient services for West Australian children and adolescents with diabetes (type 1 and type 2) and endocrine disorders, including severe obesity.
The Diabetes and Endocrinology Department provides a team approach with children and adolescents, which may include working with a doctor, diabetes nurse educator, social worker, dietitian, psychologist, physiotherapist and school liaison teacher.
When and when are outpatient clinics held?
- Type 1 diabetes clinics are held on Monday, Tuesday and Friday mornings.
- Adolescent diabetes clinics are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays afternoons.
- Outer metropolitan clinics in Joondalup and Rockingham take place fortnightly on Thursdays and Mondays respectively.
- Regional endocrinology and diabetes clinics are held in: Albany, Bunbury, Geraldton, Kalgoorlie, Karratha, Narrogin, Northam, Midland, and Esperance.
- Type 2 diabetes clinics are held once per month on Thursday mornings.
- CLASP (Changes in Lifestyle are Successful in Partnership) clinics are held on Tuesday afternoons and Wednesday mornings.
- Endocrine clinics are held on Wednesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.