Princess Margaret Hospital
Bedwetting (Enuresis) and Continence Service
||Phone: (08) 9340 8356
Fax: (08) 9340 8733
||Ground Floor, Godfrey House
Princess Margaret Hospital for Children
Roberts Road Subiaco
||Please see our map
||Monday - Friday 0800 - 1630 and alternate Saturday mornings 0900 - 1200
- The betwetting and continence service at Princess Margaret Hospital (PMH) provides expert nursing advice, support and management to the children and their families of Western Australia with bladder and/or bowel problems and/or nocturnal enuresis.
- The service offers a self-management enuresis treatment program with the use of quality reliable alarm machines which are used in conjunction with treatment.
- A nurse counsellor will advise support and introduce strategies through the program that will enable the best possible chance of a successful outcome. Treatment takes approximately six to eight weeks.
- Expert nursing assessment, education, advice and management are offered to children with daytime bladder problems eg urinary frequency, urgency (“busting” to go to the toilet) or daytime wetting or bowel problems eg constipation and faecal incontinence (bowel motions “poos” in the underwear).
Referrals for bedwetting (enuresis)
- Child should be 5½ years upwards.
- Children must be referred by their GP or specialist
on special bedwetting forms. These forms are available
from the Enuresis Clinic
at PMH or you can download
the referral form.
- We will then notify parents that a referral
has been received and the child's name has been placed
on the waiting list.
Referrals for Continence
- Child should be > 6 months of age
- Child must be referred by a Paediatric Specialist
N.B. The clinic does not provide toilet training advice to parents for children 2-5 years of age.